REPORT OF THE GENERAL SECRETARY OGBOMOSO COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (OCF) TO THE 9TH ANNUAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY (AGA) OF THE FOUNDATION 2009 / 2010 ACTIVITIES
VENUE: Ogbomoso Recreation Club, Ogbomoso
DATE: 13TH NOVEMBER, 2010
The new Executive Committee (EXCO) was inaugurated at the 8th Annual General Assembly held on the 14th November, 2009 at Ogbomoso Recreation Club, Ogbomoso.
For details about the EXCO members: (see as attached).
The Chairmen of the Technical Committees were allowed to choose members who would work with them in their various committees to be approved by the EXCO.
02 ACTIVITIES OF OCF THROUGH THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEES
In spite of scarcity of funds, OCF was still able to executive some programmes and activities which were beneficial to our people. Some of these activities were:
- Training workshops on life building skills with several components such as preventing of RIV / AIDS, time management, reading habit, relationships, career-choice, goal-setting etc, were taught to our adolescents the local Governments. In all, 410 secondary school students participated in the training workshops held twice in this reporting year.
- Hernia harvest, blood screening for sugar and very recently, eye test were carried out. OCF paid fully for the first 100 persons who took glasses and subsidized others.
The exercises were very successful;
- On 10th April, 2010 OCF organized an Interactive Session with the Executive Governor of Oyo State, His Excellency, Otunba (Dr.) Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala JP, PSC at Ogbomoso. OCF invited clubs/societies of Ogbomoso sons and daughters as well as prominent indigenes of the town.
The Governor led all political office holders of Ogbomoso origin to the Session. In all, 100 persons and 13 clubs/societies including representatives from Ghana attended the session which was largely successful. OCF h mded the session totally.
- OCF advertised the 100th Post-humous Birthday 10th July, 2010 of our illustrious son of Ogbomoso land and last Premier of Western Region, Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, on radio and television. OCF also commissioned a documentary on him. All expenses were paid for by OCF.
- OCF made a Press Release to congratulate His Excellency, Otunba (Dr.) Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala on his 60th Birthday.
- OCF had also resolved conflicts that involved our sons and daughters amicably.
03 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXCO) MEETINGS
The Executive Committee (EXCO) met eleven (11) times at regular meetings, and had one (1) emergency meeting. In all the EXCO met every month of the year. The meetings were held as follows:
- 10th December, 2009
- 21st January, 2010
- 25th February, 2010
- 3rd March, 2010 (Emergency)
- 25th March, 2010
- 22nd April, 2010
- 27th May, 2010
- 17th June, 2010
- 15th July, 2010
- 26th August, 2010
- 23rd September, 2010
- 12th October, 2010
The Executive Committee had complied fully with the constitution which stipulated a minimum of six (6) meetings per year.
04 APPOINTMENTS AND PROMOTION
We congratulated all our sons and daughters who were appointed to various positions of responsibilities OCF wrote congratulatory letters to the following whom we had information about such appointments:
- Senator (Gen.) Brimo Yusuf - Chairman, ODUA Investment Company
- Prince Abioye Olatunji - Chairman, Governing Council, Federal College of Education, Okene.
- Prince Tosho Ayanwale – Registra, Ibadan Polytechnic, Ibadan.
- Mr. RAK Jimoh - Ag. Managing Director, Ogun - Os un River Basin Development Authority, Abeokuta.
Professor Adeniyi Togun - Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, University of lbadan, lbadan.
OCF wrote a letter of appreciation to the Executive Governor of Oyo State about the step the government took to evacuate all Oyo State indigenes from Jos killings and to resettle them in their respective home towns.
05 STATE CREATION
OCF was pursuing the best for Ogbomoso and this reflected in our releases of;
- The Guardian Newspaper of Thursday, 22/07/2010, page 69.
- Tribune Newspaper of Friday, 23/07/2010, page 50.
OCF also wrote position letters to the Senate President and the Hon. Speaker of the Senate and House of Representatives respectively at the National Assembly, Abuja.
- Pa. (Dr.) Deacon Jokotoye Babalola
- HRH Iba (Oba) Adeyemo Oyeleru Abina Iba Abogunde
- Prince Joseph Sunday Oyelola Oyeniya
- Prince Oyekale Ande
- Engr. Lapade Ladipo (Brother of Prof. O.A. Ladipo), formally Chairman, Technical Committee on Health and Social Welfare).
- Chief (Mrs.) Esther Remi Ayandele (wife of Senator Ayantayo ) and very recently,
- Chief S.T. Ojo, a Trustee of OCF.
The Chairman led delegates on condolence visits to the families.
May their souls rest in peace.
The year had its challenges but OCF was able to face them head-on. The achievements recorded obviously did not satisfy OCF but for lack of funds, more activities would have been executed. Therefore, these challenges require our collective attention and commitment.
May God help us all.
I thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve.
James Ayanrinde Ayangunna, PhD, RSW (UK)